Thursday, May 7, 2009

Numero Dos

My second post here in what I've decided to affectionately refer to as "blog-land"

Today has been a pretty good day. Worked my butt of setting up for ye olde bag-build tomorrow for teched 09. Then came back to my hotel and now I'm relaxing with P Dan and AGreear. Tomorrow is looking to be a pretty good day. Bag build all day. Hard work, but it's worth it.

Sometimes I think about things and think the one way, and then later the situation seems different to me. [this is a rabbit trail btw ; )] Like, in one context, something will seem like a good idea, then I'll think about it, or be in a different setting, and realize it's not. I know this seems elementary, but I'm realizing more and more that I have never been the type of person to think things through.

By the grace of God I'm learning this lesson now, because I have a sneaky suspicion that I'd learn it the hard way later on down the road. Which brings up the everpresent question of what happens after masters. Honestly, I have no idea. There's a couple of things out there, but it's all speculation and pipe dreams right now. I'll make sure to keep you posted though!

That's all from me for today.
Later!

P.S. If anyone knows how to make my picture at the top fit in the border, im open to tips/tricks

2 comments:

  1. INT: AMANDA'S ROOM- NIGHT

    She calls her friend David, who she lovingly refers to as "Datkins" because she misses talking to her friends.

    AMANDA:
    Hey Datkins! So, what you up to?

    DAVID:
    Nothing. Just chillin' in the hotel.

    AMANDA:
    Cool. So how was your day?


    David begins to sound annoyed.

    DAVID:
    Good.

    AMANDA:
    So. Who all is in your hotel room?

    DAVID:
    Me, Pastor Dan and AG.


    David begins to sound more distant and Amanda begins to regret calling.

    AMANDA:
    Wow. Only you three? Don't they usually pack those things out?

    DAVID:
    Yeah. Norphy gets here tomorrow.

    Amanda realizes that she shouldn't make a habit of calling friends that don't want to talk to her. She knows it's time to say goodnight. The conversation is going nowhere and any attempts at further conversation will most likely be met with "Yeahs" and "Uh huhs."

    AMANDA:
    Okay. Well I'll let you go.

    [continued]
    [V.O.]
    jerk.

    DAVID:
    Okay. Bye.

    Amanda hangs up the phone and contemplates calling again at 2 a.m. But she doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Snicker*

    About your banner:

    I've messed around with my Blogger header a lot and the only way I've found of keeping a banner inside the guides is get it within a kind of width/height Goldilocks zone. Mine still doesn't fit perfectly, but it's darn close. It'll come down to which you hate more: Having your banner be 1px too small for the guides or 1px too big (lame, I know.) The ratio I use is 650Lx163W. You can mess around a bit with the scale to fit option but honestly that's about the only ratio that will reliably fit, whether you ask Blogger to scale it or not.

    Hope that helps...

    ReplyDelete